FAQs on Donation

What donation methods are available?

Donate online, FPS, ATM, cheque, credit card, PayMe, direct debit, bank deposit or remittance.

HONG KONG (Mongkok Post Office Box No. 78516, Hong Kong)

  • Cheque “Open Doors Hong Kong Limited” OR  「敞開的門香港有限公司」
  • FPS : 5608 8729 (Tel.) OR enquiryhk@od.org (email)
  • Direct Debit : Authorisation Form (click to download)
  • ATM / bank transfer / bank deposit: “Open Doors Hong Kong Limited” BEA : 015-515-6800904-4 OR HSBC : 124-519-091-838
  • PayMe:


TAIWAN (PO  Box 44 Yonghe Taipei Country 23499 (R.O.C.)

  • ATM / bank transfer / bank deposit :“Open Doors Hong Kong Limited Representative Office” OR「敞開的門香港有限公司辦事處」(118) Bank of Panhsin Yonghe Branch: 0039-5-00004927-8

Donation form for Hong Kong & other countries;  for Taiwan). Please send donation form and transaction record (if applicable) to us for processing.

I live outside Hong Kong and do not have a credit card or PayPal, how can I donate?

Please remit your donation to:

Beneficiary: Open Doors Hong Kong Limited

Account Number:  124-519-091-838

Bank Name: HSBC HK

Bank Address: 1 Queen’s Road Central, Hong Kong


For assistance, please contact us at Tel:  852-3525 0820 or WhatsApp 852-5608 8729.

Can I donate online with my home currency?

Our online transactions are in Hong Kong Dollars.  Please type in the amount in HK$, your card issuer will do the conversion for you.

Can I specify where I would like my donation goes?

Open Doors is an international ministry that supports persecuted Christians in a variety of ways. Each year, our field team will plan projects for the persecuted church, according to their greatest needs.

Please see the options from the “Project” listed on the One-time Donation page. However, when the specified project has been fully funded, we will direct the donations to where they are most needed.

Can I get a refund on my donation?

Donations made to Open Doors Hong Kong are not refundable. If you have any questions, please contact us at enquiryhk@od.org.

Will I receive a tax receipt for my donation?

Yes you will. Simply indicate that you would like an electronic or printed receipt when filling in the donation form and we will send you an official receipt.  (Tax-exempt Charities – IR File Number:91/15048)

Please note that we are unable to provide official receipts to donors who fail to provide their name and address/email.

Can the name on the receipt be different from the donor's name?

Yes, when you make the donation, please specify on the donation form the desired name to be on the receipt.

When will I get my receipt?

If an “Official Receipt” is required for tax filing, accounting, record keeping or other purposes, an One-time Receipt or Annual Receipt will be issued in accordance with donor’s instruction.

One-time Receipt:

On-line donation:  Donor will receive an “Acknowledgement Receipt of Payment” email.  If an “Official Receipt” is required, the receipt will be issued in 3-15 working days.

Off-line donation:  If an “Official Receipt” is required, the receipt will be issued in 3-15 working days.

Annual Receipt: 

Annual Official Receipts will be issued in order to save administrative costs. If other arrangement is required, please indicate when you donate OR contact us (enquiryhk@od.org).

Issue time:

Hong Kong donations:  April

Taiwan donations: January

Are donations given to Open Doors tax deductible?

Open Doors Hong Kong Limited is a tax-exempt charity (under Section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance). Accumulated donations of HK$100 or above with an official receipt are tax deductible in Hong Kong.

 Tax-exempt Charities – IR File Number:91/15048

Is there any deduction limit?

The aggregate deduction of approved charitable donations cannot be less than $100. The aggregate deduction shall not exceed 35% of your income after allowable expenses and depreciation allowances or assessable profits.

I am a Hong Kong taxpayer, how many years do I need to retain my official receipt(s) in order to substantiate my claims for tax relief?

6 years (after the expiration of the year of assessment in which the donations were made). You are required to produce official receipt(s) for the HK IRD’s examination if your case is selected for review.

Will I be charged with an additional fee by the financial institution if I donate with a credit card or PayPal?

You may have to pay a small currency exchange fee and/or a setup fee. Please ask your bank or Paypal for details.

If I set up or change my Bank Direct Debit Authorization, will my bank charge me any service fees?

A set up or amendment service fee may apply.  Please check with your bank for more details.

How can I terminate or change my monthly donation instruction?

Please contact us (enquiryhk@od.org) or your bank to arrange.